DANAOS SEEMP module encompasses the full spectrum of IMO regulations and guidelines regarding ship efficiency. SEEMP module enables the management to identify the root causes of operational deficiencies and achieve above the competition performance level for each vessel type.
Energy Efficiency Module is a performance monitoring tool in terms in technical, financial & statutory (EEOI, MRV, etc.) terms.
The maritime Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI) was made mandatory for new ships and the Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan (SEEMP) for all ships at MEPC 62 (July 2011) with the adoption of amendments to MARPOL Annex VI (resolution MEPC.203(62)), by Parties to MARPOL Annex VI. This was the first legally binding climate change treaty to be adopted since the Kyoto Protocol.
Fleet performance and environmental impact are benchmarked against the optimal level, allowing the shipping company to monitor, improve and report the results in a standardized format. Environmental impact & Fuel consumption are the key concepts behind DANAOS SEEMP module
Energy Efficiency Design Index (EEDI)
The EEDI for new ships is the most important technical measure and aims at promoting the use of more energy efficient (less polluting) equipment and engines. The EEDI requires a minimum energy efficiency level per capacity mile (e.g. tonne mile) for different ship type and size segments. Since 1 January 2013, following an initial two year phase zero, new ship design needs to meet the reference level for their ship type. The level is to be tightened incrementally every five years, and so the EEDI is expected to stimulate continued innovation and technical development of all the components influencing the fuel efficiency of a ship from its design phase.
SEEMP should not play the role of another “paper form” instead, it should be utilized as a valuable toolkit for achieving ship energy optimization, enabling for improved and efficient vessel performance both in terms of fuel consumption and environmental protection.
Select your vessel, determine the dates and get the Oil Record Books recording, digitally. At a glance, you can inspect (red vs green) if recordings are within the permissible levels. Securely share this information among trusted users.
Join DanaosONE Today and offer the Oil Record Book Service to your Staff and Associates providing a secure web environment to monitor information from anywhere, anytime.
Now your staff (internally) or your clients (externally) can view their projects, their current status and the estimated deadlines. Users can also view their tasks in-detail per project and their progress level. Project Monitor service enhances corporate transparency among suppliers/providers and clients.
Join DanaosONE Today and offer the Project Monitor Service to your Staff and Associates providing a secure web environment to monitor information from anywhere, anytime.
Your Company Address Book can now be always updated! Update Address Book Service allows your partners/customers/suppliers and associates, upon registration within DanaosONE, to access their information online and proceed if necessary with the required updates. No need for any administration from your part.
Join DanaosONE Today and offer the Update Address Book Service to your partners/customers/suppliers and Associates, providing a secure web environment to input information digitally.
The Danaos ISM Maritime Software is designed to provide the launch platform of any shipping company preparation and certification to ISM requirements.
It provides the backbone of the efficient maintenance of the maritime ISM system once the company is certified and ensures continuity of compliance. The degree of automation provided ensures that minimum human intervention is required for application the closed – loop principle of the ISM code. New tools in training and administrator open new horizons not only in light of the ISM but in the most efficient utilization of a company’s human resources on board and ashore.
The basic structure of the ISM Administrator is consistent with the Danaos Ship Management Suite for office and vessel. A complete and integrated safety, quality and information system can be built giving the shipping company the benefits of a unified platform to build its competitiveness.
- ISM Manual Administrator: Version Control – Prior and future Version Generator – Distribution control – Document oriented structure – Cross-referencing – Shipboard, Professional and office manual integrated approach – Search capability. (Optional: basic Approved Manual.)
- ISM Checklist Administrator: Flexible specification of checklist items – version control – Distribution control – Frequency specification – Dynamic form generation from checklist items. (Optional: Analysis of on board performance of drills and procedures – Monitoring of safety system – Electronic transfer of forms and results).
- ISM Training Assistant: Preparation of training sessions – Creation of Company training schemes – Preparation of Quiz – Evaluation of trainees – Multiple choice interactive trainer – Manual Interactive instructor. (Optional: basic ISM training package and quiz.)
ISM Operation :
- Accident Reporter:Recording of accidents and near-misses – Conditions, details injuries recording – Statistical evaluations – Near miss correlation analysis – Accident causal analysis – Follow-up of accidents – Documentation control – Corrective action control – Graphical presentation of statistics.
- Safety and Audit Inspection:Flexible definition of inspection items – Scheduling of inspections per vessel- Planning of Inspector visits – Archiving of inspections – Recording of Deficiencies. (Optional: Archiving of inspections photos – Comparative/evolutionary item analysis – Quality/Safety deficiency reporting – Internal/Statutory audit follow-up).
- Drill Administrator:Preparation of applicable drills per vessel type, flag and trade – scheduling of drills – Record Keeping – Participant recording.
- Seminar Administrator:Scheduling of seminars – Allocation of participants – Record keeping for execution and participation.